Facility Attendant – Combermere Community Centre (full time)
The Township of Madawaska Valley is presently accepting applications for a Facility Attendant to provide a variety of cleaning, maintenance, repair, and emergency response services related to the Combermere Community Centre facility, outdoor rink, and park area.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety standards in the facility, including performing a variety of janitorial duties daily as required.
- This position will primarily be assigned to the Combermere facility with additional hours at other municipal facilities (parks, PJYCC, etc) as assigned.
- Flexible hours required, including day, evening, and weekend shifts.
- May be called upon with little notice to report to work outside of scheduled working hours.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and courteously with municipal staff, the public and contractors.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Ontario Class G Drivers’ License along with a clean Criminal Record.
- Rate of pay: $20.06-$22.66 per hour. (Benefits after 3 months)
Click here to access the full job description
Submit a cover letter and resume in a sealed envelope by 3:00 p.m., by Wednesday June 20th, 2023.
Mail: Township of Madawaska Valley
PO Box 1000, 85 Bay Street
Barry’s Bay, Ontario K0J 1B0
Attention: Mrs. Suzanne Klatt, CAO/Clerk
Hiring Policies & Procedures
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. We are pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Please advise if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
We will hold your application in strict confidence. Information contained in your application will only be used for the purpose of employment assessment for the position applied for. Personal information provided is in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act.