The Planning  Department is responsible for applications under the Planning Act.  This includes applications for Minor Variance, Zoning Amendments and Official Plan Amendments.

Applications for consents/severances can be found on this page as well.  The approval authority for consents/severances is the County of Renfrew, with the municipality acting as a commenting agency.

If you have received a Public Notice for a development application in the mail, you can contact the Planning Department to have your say.

The Municipality of Madawaska Valley uses CivicWeb to manage associated Planning documents. Please visit our dedicated documents portal on

Frequently Asked Questions