The Building & By-law Enforcement Department is responsible for the enforcement of the Township of Madawaska Valley By-Laws.
Typical issues that are dealt with include:
- Accumulation of debris on private property
- Property Standards
- Tenant Complaint About Maintenance to your rental unit/building
- Illegal dumping
- Animal Control and licensing
- Noise (including Fireworks)
- Zoning By-law violations (e.g. trailers on vacant lands, building without a permit)
- Building Permit Infractions
Visit the By-Laws and Policies page for to view and download our most commonly requested by-laws.
By-law complaints can be submitted in one of two ways:
- Online Submission through the CivicWeb Portal or
- Complete, print and sign the paper version of the By-Law Complaint Form or the Tenant Complaint About Maintenance Form and submit by mail, fax or in person to the contact information listed below.
- Complaints will be accepted only if the following information is provided:
- Complainant name, address and telephone number.
- Location (address) of the occurrence.
- Description of complaint, including the date, time and details of the occurrence.
Chief Fire Official / Emergency Management
Address: 85 Bay Street, Barry’s Bay, ON K0J 1B0