The Municipality has changed to a lifetime dog tag licence fee for $25.00. The goal of dog licensing is to ensure the Animal Control Officer can return stray dogs to their owners and not take them to the pound.  Lifetime licenses will fulfill this goal without requiring staff time to update the dog license and owner data every year.    For dog owners, this means that the dog license you buy will remain in effect for the life of your dog.  If your dog’s tag is lost, you can purchase a replacement tag for $5.00.

Madawaska Valley Township requires all dogs within the municipality to be licensed and to wear tags.  Failure to comply will result in a fine of $100 plus the purchase price of the tag. The Township of Madawaska Valley does not have an animal shelter.   If you have lost your dog, contact the Animal Control Officer at 613-602-0604, or contact the Municipal Office. An unclaimed animal will be transported to Bonnechere Valley Kennel until an owner can be identified. All impound fees and retrieval costs associated with the animal are the owner’s responsibility. Fines and possibly additional penalties apply if your dog is picked up and does not have a dog tag.

Any concerns or complaints regarding dogs barking consistently or running at large should be made to the Animal Control Officer.

The Municipality of Madawaska Valley uses CivicWeb to manage associated documents for Animal Control. Please visit our dedicated documents portal on


  • Stoop & Scoop

    Pet owners are required to clean up after their pet. Dog waste should be picked up and disposed of in the garbage. Those who are found not to be complying with this by-law may be subject to a $90 fine.

  • Animal Attacks

    All bites or scratches from an animal that cause a break in the skin must, by law, be reported immediately to the health unit and Animal Control. If you have been bitten or scratched by an animal, especially if rabies is suspected, contact your doctor or your local health unit immediately.

    Dog attacks or biting incidents should be reported to the Animal Control Officer and the Ontario Provincial Police.  In an emergency situation call 9-1-1.

  • Report a Lost or Found Dog

    To report a lost or found dog for a posting on this website, email  with as much of the following information as possible:

    Contact information:
    Date the dog was lost/found:
    Area the dog was lost/found:
    Name of pet:
    Type of  breed:

    Please do not pick up a stray dog.

Contact Us

Corwin Quade
By-Law Enforcement Officer / Animal Control
Address: 85 Bay Street, Barry’s Bay, ON K0J 1B0