Fireworks are a big part of long weekends and other special occasions in the summer months – be sure you’re celebrating safely by following these rules and guidelines.
- We checked the time. Respect the noise by-law: fireworks can only be set off from dusk to 11pm.
- We checked the fire ban status. Fireworks are prohibited during total fire bans. Check the Township website for information on the current status.
- We are outside of town. Fireworks can not be set off within the Village of Barry’s Bay and Hamlets of Combermere or Wilno.
- We are away from fire hazards. If your firework starts a fire, you will be responsible for the cost of extinguishing that fire. Pick a spot away from trees, grass, and homes.
- We are mindful of our surroundings. Fireworks have the potential to cause pollution of air and water, can cause stress to pets or wildlife, and may disturb your neighbours. Be mindful of your surroundings and the frequency with which you celebrate with fireworks.
To access the poster version of this checklist, click here.