The Madawaska Valley is located in the Eastern Ontario region and is defined as:
- A municipality within the County of Renfrew
- Bordered by the municipalities of Hastings Highlands (County of Hastings), Brudenell, Lyndoch & Raglan, South Algonquin and Killaloe, Hagarty & Richards
- 45 km east of Algonquin Park
- 45 km north of Bancroft
- 2 hours west of Ottawa (Approximate driving time)
- 3 hours north of Toronto (Approximate driving time)
Travel east on Highway 401 to the 35/115 cut-off (just past Bowmanville)
Travel north on Hwy 35/115 towards Peterborough
Continue on Hwy 115 to Peterborough, turn right (east) onto Hwy 7 (East/Ottawa)
At Hwy 28 turn left (north) to where it intersects with Hwy 28 (north) on the northside of Lakefield (approximately 16 kms)
Travel north on Hwy 28 to Bancroft (you will go through Young’s Point, Burleigh Falls and Apsley).
At Bancroft, take Hwy 62 North to Combermere (approximately 50km)
- Go west on Highway 417 and follow Highway 17 through Arnprior to Renfrew.
- At Renfrew, take the Bruce St. exit (the 3rd exit) until you reach the 3-way stop (at the Tim Horton’s). Turn right (west) here.
- Follow Highway 60 into Douglas, where you will continue to follow Highway 60 by merging right.
- Follow Highway 60 to Kelly’s Corners (the 4-way stop). Follow Highway 60 by turning left.
- Follow Highway 60 by traveling through Eganville, Golden Lake, Killaloe and into Wilno.