The Madawaska Valley is nestled beside the beautiful Algonquin Park and shares much of the majesty of its neighbour. Local employers use the wilderness, in one form or another, to create a livelihood second to none in Eastern Ontario.
Barry's Bay, Combermere, Wilno: each a unique community, with facilities and festivities that form the basis of rural living. Residents enjoy the comforts of small-town living along with the security of excellent health & education services, and first-class amenities that would make a larger centre blush.
Our commercial areas are continuously growing; from fabulous restaurants and taverns, to fully-serviced grocery chains and hardware stores to a growing forest-based manufacturing sector, we are the Valley that’s on top of it all.
- Tourism opportunities still exist to attract scores of visitors travelling annually to the Madawaska Valley and Algonquin Park with the expansion of the Barry's Bay Visistor's Centre now open year round.
- Downtown commercial opportunities expanding with two new gas stations, Shell and Ultramar, expansion of Home Hardware and addition of Tim Horton's in 2014.
- Excellent available highway commercial property and opportunities still available
- Waterfront commercial properties available for those with the next great idea
- Municipal water & sewer available
- High speed DSL available in Barry’s Bay & Combermere
- Energy opportunities available with sawmill residue
- Post-secondary education services provided by Our Lady Seat of Wisdom Academy, with approximately 100 students enrolled each year.
Economic Development in the Madawaska Valley Documents